January 23, 2011

Valentine Ornaments + RE-Party 13

I have a metal tree at the booth at Rockin' B.  I put a hefty price on it because I don't really want it to sell.  I envisioned hanging seasonal ornaments from it year round.  For Valentine's I want to make stuffed hearts from fabric samples. I was thinking some could be quite simple, with a few special ones.  For the special ones, I'll need some inspiration.  Here's what I found -


This is from Nedra at Cactus Needle Quilts.  She used textured fabric for the insert.  That doesn't look too time consuming, but it really adds pizazz. The stitching on the ribbon is a wonderful addition as well.


I found these next two on Etsy sites that, unfortunately, no longer exists. 




 Georgetown Cottage Crafts has some lovely handmade ornaments listed on her Etsy site for five dollars or less. I love this little pink one.  Hand-stitching is so much  prettier than machine stitching, don't you think?

Here are some hearts that are made special just by cutting with pinking shears and using jute as the hanger.  These are for sale overseas on Folksy.

BlueGirlxo has a post with a number of pretty, artsy hearts.  Loads of inspiration there!

Hearts made from quilts are always sweet.  Mamie Jane has made one even more special by putting it in a paper mache cone with additional embellishments. 

Before the party starts, I just want to say that I can't believe I haven't posted since last Sunday.  This has been such a strange week - full of ups and downs.  On the up side, I am RE-focusing and RE-balancing my life and  should be able to get back to normal posting!


Time for another RE- Party!
It's number 13, which is a little intimidating.
We RE-do, RE-decorate, RE-organize, RE-pair,  RE-upholster,
RE-member, RE-finish, RE-purpose, and of course, we love to RE-lax!   
This party celebrates ALL the RE-'s in our lives!  


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails