December 16, 2013

Salad Cheat Sheet

It's easy to get in a salad rut and end up with a boring salad. When I walk in the door starving, any food creativity I might have flies out the door.  To that end, I have made what I think of as my Salad Cheat Sheet.  I can quickly skim the list and see what all I have on hand to add.

Note:  This is a fair start, but I consider this list "under construction".  I am still in the process of trying to figure out what foods I truly need to eliminate to get myself back to good health. Plus, I feel sure I've left off some salad additions.  I'll update as I learn.



Greens - Base
lettuce (There are too many good lettuces to list.)
spinach
kale

Greens - Xtra
arugula
cabbage
dandelion greens
endive
parsley

Pizazz - Fruit
Apples
Beets
Berries
Figs
grapes
Pear
pineapple

Pizazz - Veggies
asparagus
avocado
broccoli
carrots
celery
Cucumber
mushrooms
radishes
squash

Meat  
chicken
tuna
salmon
beef (grass fed only)

Dried Fruit
dried cranberries
raisins

Nuts & Seeds
Walnuts, pecans...
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
poppy seeds


Easy Dressings
I definitely hope to add to this list!
Blend oil and vinegar with a berry


Things I shouldn't have, but someone else might like
bell pepper
cheese
edamame
eggs
orange wedges
tomatoes


I am avoiding gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, peanuts .  

The verdict is still out on:
citrus
nightshades - Eggplants, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails