April 16, 2011

Vintage White Sewing Machine

I think our house is finally getting back to normal after our bout with the stomach virus.  And I have a lot of blogging to catch up on.  I'm starting by showing off a pretty vintage sewing machine that I bought at a yard sale just before the evil virus struck.

It's a White, Model 24 with a Champion motor.  


I've had a hard time pin-pointing when it might have been made, but it may be from as far back as the 1930's.  It's electric and has a swing away lamp.  It still works!!!  Or rather, it runs.  I didn't actually sew anything with it.  That would require trying to figure out how to thread it and I wasn't up to that.

What I love most is the way it looks.  All those decals are gorgeous and they are on every side and surface.  You know how car makers sometimes come up with a new model with a vintage look?  Well, I'm thinking sewing machine makers should come up with a new new model that looks vintage.  I'll bet there would be a market for them.

The case is still in decent shape, which is amazing. 
I put this beauty in my booth.  I hope someone gets it who will put it out where it can be really appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails