November 30, 2013

Lipstick on a Donkey!

This is the first time in years I haven't put up my Christmas tree on Black Friday.  The minute Thanksgiving is over, I am always ready to pull out the glitz and glam that I can only use this time of year.  Why not this year?  What's up with that?

I pulled out a few things, but ended up spending most of the day cleaning in my craft room and attic. I had a good time doing it, too.   I gathered all sorts of things and put them in boxes for Goodwill.  I am so tempted to donate half the things in my house!  Not joking!

Then, this morning, while drinking coffee and browsing Facebook, after a series of clicks, I ended up on a 2011 post from Melissa at The Inspired Room.  In a nutshell, she said you need to give your house a good cleaning and de-cluttering before doing the decorating.

THEN... she said the phrase that I'm sure I must have heard before, but today it jumped out like never before -

“You don't want to put lipstick on a donkey.”

Photo Source (which I doctored up a bit)

That's IT!  That's why I don't want to put up my tree!  My house is a big ole mess.  For the last two months, my focus has been split between closing my booth and trying to learn how to cook without using anything with gluten (not as easy as you'd think).  My poor house is looking a bit neglected.  No offense to donkeys, but this is a phrase I plan to embrace til I can get my house in order!

Add to that, for the last 3+ years, having a booth has turned my house into a disaster area of heaps and piles.  I'm SOOOOOO ready to change all that.

Luckily, no Christmas get-togethers will be taking place at my house this year.  I may go real light on the decorating and try to spend more time cleaning up and clearing out.  Hubby could care less.  He's on board with whatever I want to do (as long as I don't drag him into it). :-D   He's a keeper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails