I wish I had good friends with me whenever I went to a bookstore or whenever I browsed through a list of Kindle titles to download. Sure, I can read the reviews, but I'd rather have someone closer at hand. Someone who'd say, "Seriously? You haven't read this book? OMG! You have to read it!"
It occurred to me that it might be fun to create a list on my Facebook page - in the photo albums section - where books could be uploaded and anyone with an opinion could comment. I started the album off with some books that came to mind. I'll add more as time goes on - books I've read and books that others recommend. If YOU have a suggestion for other books to add, just let me know! Leave a comment here on on my Facebook page.
Here's the link to the Facebook album -
What kind of books I hope to see in this album?
- I prefer light fiction, but it won't be limited to that. I started the list with everything from fluff to classics.
- Books on this list would be the kind that you'd take to the beach or read on a plane - books you can really escape into. Not the ones you push yourself to finish because you know you SHOULD. Let's make this list books that you read til your eyes are strained. You know you should quit, but you don't want to.
- The books may be ones you'd proudly show off to strangers or they might be guilty pleasures that are so light and fluffy that you are embarrassed to admit you loved them. No judgement here!
- The books here are the ones you'd insist your friends read if you found out they hadn't.
- Sex? Blood and guts? Hmmm. I say I don't like those kind of books, but looking thru the list of books I started with, there's some of each. If there's a lot of either in a book you suggest, just give a little warning.
Hopefully, it will one day be honed to around 100 titles. I just pulled that number out of the air with no idea how many will end up being here.