November 30, 2011

Doorknob Towel Rack

My dear, sweet, wonderful husband made a towel rack for me.  I have been looking for a towel rack with character ever since we moved in (3 years ago).  Little did I know we had everything we needed right in the barn.


He attached 3 very old glass doorknobs, which came from my grandmother, to a piece of very old, weathered, wood that came from his Uncle Clyne's barn.  I love the distressed condition of the wood - great character!

He drilled recessed hole in back so the knobs would hold firmly, yet sit flat against the wall. 

I had a painting that I've been trying to find the right spot for.  It's in a barnwood frame my sister-in-law gave me.  It's goes perfectly with the towel rack.


Unfortunately, my lousy photo doesn't do either justice, but trust me - they look wonderful! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails