Friday, November 18, 2011

Decoupaging a Divider Screen

Every now and then, I do a project that turns out so good, I can hardly believe I did it.  One of my most recent projects was to decoupage a divider screen.  The divider turned out great and is now being used in my booth.

I bought the screen at a yard sale.  It was in various stages of a redo involving paint and wallpaper.

I decoupaged one side with old yellowed dictionary pages.  I used matte Mod Podge on this side. This side is facing my neighbor's booth.



The other side - the most fun side - was decoupaged magazine ads.  I used old magazines from the 40's and 50's.  


I found so many quirky ads.  Even tough I personally chose and cut out and attached each ad, I still find myself browsing the screen to revisit them.


There were tons of ads for retro colored appliances - loved those!


Unfortunately, right now not much of the screen is showing in my booth.  I have my booth pretty full. Oh well.  It'll show better later.  Meanwhile, it still makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is the perfect backdrop for all those treasures stocked in your booth. And how thoughtful you are to give the neighboring booth some vintage "wallpaper" too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, I simply LOVE it! What a great job you did and the images are fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person, it lasts that long! Something tells me it will be out the door!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails