January 6, 2014

Loft-y Ideas

My loft is my everything space.  It's my office, exercise room, sewing space, craft room and more.  For the last 3 years, it was gradually taken over by things having to do with my booth.  Now that my booth is closed, I have been redoing the whole space.  And when I say the whole space, I'm serious.

This isn't a before and after post. It's a work in progress post.  This room will likely be in transition  for some time as I figure out what things I want conveniently close at hand, what things I want to store away, and what things I want to get rid of.

I sort of have my desk area looking decent.  It's certainly not finished, but it's at least fairly tidy.

Notice my sweet furry helper on the desk.  How many people are willing to allot valuable desk space for a cat blankie?

The shelf is one that my hubby built years ago.  I've used it all over and still love it.  I wanted it to be higher and a little off the ground.  I bought some larger rollers and mounted them on the shelf.  Unfortunately, the shelf wobbled after that.  I took them off and for now, the shelf is sitting on blocks of wood.  I plan to find some legs or build something more permanent later.

The shelf isn't organized properly yet.  I'm still trying to decide what I really want there and what fun containers I want to use to store things.  I decided to go slow with that process and think carefully about what I use most.

What struck me as I was working on the room is that this is exactly the kind of blogger thing that I always find hilarious.  We so often show one view, which we've worked hard to make nice and neat, and we think to ourselves... "Oh, if they could only see what the room looks like behind me."  More and more bloggers are beginning to show those reality shots and I'm all for it.  In fact, I'll join in.

Behind me is my work in progress and it's a complete mess!


It's not even as bad as it was earlier in the day.  Some of the things are from my booth and I plan to use them to help organize my attic space.  I decided to keep the extra shelves and tables in the room for a day or two more because they are so handy as I sort - piles to store away, piles that I will use in my desk area, piles that I want near my sewing station, piles to take to Goodwill, etc.

Without all the stations I had created for booth things, I am feeling like I have so much room and so many options.  It's a really great feeling.  I loved having a booth, but I sure am happy to be getting my house (and time) back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails