May 20, 2016

Water... With a Little Something Extra

I've been pushing myself to drink more water.  I've come up with a few things to help me stay on track.



The best thing is getting back on track with infused waters.  To make an infused water, you simply add one or more ingredients to the water and let it sit for a couple of hours.  Two or three ingredients are really all you need to make something fabulous.  The one above is cucumber mint.  I made that yesterday.






Today, I made strawberry-basil water in the pitcher and lemon-ginger in the mason jar.  The strawberry turned the water pink after a little while.  It was so pretty!

All of these were fabulous and so much more interesting that plain water.  The flavor is very subtle, so if you try it, don't expect it to taste like a juice.  Want to know more?  THIS SITE has good information on infused water as well as lots of recipes.

There's another slightly goofy thing I'm doing to encourage myself to drink more water.   I'm using a pill case to keep track of how many glasses I've finished each day. Each time I finish a glass, I close one of the pill holders.  I fill my glass to hold approximately 12 ounces, so when I close all the pill holders, I have had 84 ounces. I've added a couple of vitamins to my routine, so I put those in the holders as well. I know this is a little silly, but I've been doing this for a little over a week and I'm drinking more water than ever.  It's a very satisfying feeling to close all 7 of those holders!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails