November 8, 2009

Parmesan Chicken

I was feeling all domestic today and decided to make Parmesan chicken. It's one of my favorite recipes. It's special but not goopy or overly rich. You can play around with the amounts and it still always tastes good.

First I pulled out the recipe notebook (the best thing ever!). Then I gathered all the ingredients.


Chicken Breasts Parmesan

2 cups bread crumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 /2 cup parsley, chopped
garlic powder
salt
4 to 10 chicken breasts
1 cup butter, melted

Mix first 5 ingredients. Dip in butter coating well. Dip in bread crumb mixture. Place coated chicken in foil-lined roasting pan. Do not overlap chicken. Drizzle remaining butter & bread crumb mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Make sure pan is not too close to bottom heat.

While it was cooking I took a quick walk down to the pond. The leaves are starting to turn and I love looking at them reflecting off the water. Our pond is not very big and needs a lot of work, but I still enjoy it.

Then back to the house just in time to hear the timer - chicken's done!

Bon appetit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails