November 7, 2009

Reed Diffusers - Part Deux

I found some very inexpensive reed diffuser sets in Wal-Mart the other day. They were less than $5. I decided to get one to put at the house we are trying to sell. Since I wouldn't be going back over there for a few days, I thought it would be nice to try it out temporarily at home. I opened it up and placed it upstairs. It wasn't long before an orange-y scent began to fill the air. The next morning that scent was hanging in the air upstairs and down to the point where it was disgusting. I put the whole thing out on the front porch. Maybe in a few days the smell will be more tolerable.

Meanwhile, I made my own reed diffusers. I used the recipe I found on the internet (see my first Reed Diffusers post). It was so easy. The only things I purchased were bamboo skewers (97 cents at Wal-Mart) and a really cheap bottle of vegetable oil. I already had a couple of clay containers that were a good size and shape. Note that I didn't have cheap vodka - I had Absolut. I've had this bottle for years and since it probably won't get polished off around here, I am perfectly happy to see it get used in this project.


I put the tall vase in the bathroom. It was scented with Olbas (which is mostly eucalyptus & peppermint), Siberian Fir Needle (very Christmas-y), & orange oil.

The smaller vase is scented with ylang ylang & orange oil. I put it next to an old piece of furniture that has an "old" smell that I wish would go away.

I think I'm going to prefer using my own diffusers. They are natural and no doubt more healthy. Plus, I can control the scent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails