March 11, 2010

Magic Carpet Ride

We have slowly been adding to and upgrading our rug collection. Last week, a trip to one of my thrift stores turned into a magic carpet ride.

Someone had consigned a number of pricey, interesting rugs. I had seen most of them several weeks back. Those were all sold - they were priced out of my league anyway. The one I bought was not out yet on my last trip. It hadn't sold because it was such an odd shape - around 4ft by 10. That's a size just meant for a big, old-timey foyer... say, one like mine!

I was able to talk the price down, but still spent more than I would typically spend at a thrift store and I don't regret a penny of it. I love it!

The colors are lively and fun. It's wool so it should hold the colors well. It's Persian... never had one of those before. I never would have thought a Persian would be right for my style. But, this one sure is.

Here it is all spread out. As for the decor around, you'll just have to use your imagination. First, ignore the vacuum cleaner in the picture. Ignore the rolled up carpet to the right. That's a new large rug to be put in the office. I'll post about that as soon as I can talk the Mr. into taking his desk apart. That's proving to be much more difficult than I anticipated.

Eventually, I'd like a long bench on the long foyer wall. We have a bench - it just needs painting... maybe a color something like the one below? I just love the bench shown below - the seat opens for storage. My bench is an old church pew, with sentimental value. It's pretty long and will be wonderful in our foyer. I'm planning to paint it sometime after pollen season.


I want the room to have bead board or wainscoting to about 4ft on the walls. I want family photos above the wainscoting. I like the feel of the entry room in the photo below. Note: I've had these two inspiration photos for ages and can't remember where I found them. If I ever come across them again, I'll return to this post of give credit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails