October 21, 2015

One and a Half Million

My little blog amazes me.  I'm not a big time blogger by any means.  I can't even say I'm a serious blogger.  I don't advertise.  I don't push or promote, though I did link to a few parties a few years ago.  I just blog for the fun of it.

I write about topics of my own choosing.  I don't have a niche or stick to one thing.  If something catches my fancy, it will end up on the blog if I am in a writing mood.  My life has taken many twists and turns along the way.  Some things I wrote about several years ago no longer interest me.  My life, like this blog, is in a constant state of transition.

Yet, remarkably, it has an audience made up mostly of people I've never met.  I realized recently my total page views has passed the 1,500,000 mark.  One and a half million people have seen something I have written.  That's fairly shocking.



I love to write.  I have no desire for fame.  I don't consider myself author material.  Yet I have to say, knowing that people read what I write on a zillion different subjects is a bit of a thrill.

I am so thankful to live in the age of internet and blogs.  It's truly amazing.  I don't just write posts.  I am a reader of blogs as well.  Some, I read often.  Some I stumble onto now and then.  I have to say, I have come across many ordinary people who are like me - they love to write about what they enjoy or what's important to them at a given time in their life.

My most recent blog loves are women who are widows finding their way.  I wish I lived close to them because they feel like good friends.  Not all my reading is sad.  I also follow blogs by women my age who are trying to stay stylish, or women who aren't afraid to tackle anything around the house, or women who have a funny take on any topic.  At night, when my house feels extra lonely, my blogger friends are out there for me.  All I need to do is click.  They have written something just for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails