June 6, 2009

Mill Pond Gardens

Today Nancy (my sister-in-law) and I went garage-"sailing". We had no luck with that today. In fact, every time I go with Nancy, hoping to convince her of the virtues of garage sales, we have no luck. She thinks she might be a jinx. After seeing my recent finds, she swears to keep trying. I hope our next outing turns out to be wonderful.

We did see lots of interesting landscaping as we drove through neighborhoods. I've been looking at yards for a while trying to figure out exactly what to do around our house.

I snapped a picture of this one, but the photo didn't turn out well. The flowers around the tree were so much more showy than the photo conveys. We couldn't figure out what kind of flowers they were.

Gardenias were in bloom everywhere. At one garage sale house, they had a long row of tall, slim gardenias, used to create a border between homes. I'd never seen gardenias used quite like that. It was nice and the perfumed air around them was fantastic. Now, why didn't I take a picture of that?

On the way home, since bushes and flowers were on our mind, we made a stop by a favorite nursery - Mill Pond Gardens. This nursery is the most creative around. Walking around there feels like a walk into The Secret Garden. Again, I was shy with my camera and didn't take photos of the wooded areas, which are also amazing.


The owner had so many unusual pieces holding plants. There were lots of old, interesting pieces of furniture - chairs, especially. This piece really caught my eye. She said her husband had made it for her using scraps of this and that. He'd painted the whole thing sort of a robin's egg blue.

They don't have a web site, but if you are ever in Brooks, GA, stop by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails