January 9, 2009

I Love This Bathroom But I Don't Know Why

I found this bathroom on Coastal Living's Design Assistant. You can read more about it here.

The thing is, if you had shown me most of the things in this room individually, I would have turned up my nose. I would have looked for a better mirror. I most certainly never would have chosen the cabinet. I would have been skeptical of painting the window trim blue. In fact, where did that come from - do you see any other bits of blue in the room?

Nothing in this room would have made my heart race. But, the first time I saw the photo, I nearly swooned (Don't you love that word? - It's so dramatic!). Even now, I love to study the photo and try to get to the bottom of why it works. I don't know if I'll ever figure it out. But it does give me hope. I have so many things in my house that don't look just right and don't go with other things in the house. But maybe.... once I get all the way moved in and play around some more with what goes where, just maybe it will make me swoon.

Now, I'm getting tickled. What if it's so bad it makes me pass out?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails