May 28, 2009

Skip to the Loo

The bathroom in the loft was not a room I was in a rush to decorate, so of course I keep finding things that work perfectly there. A few key items have made this room downright cheerful! It still needs some extra touches, but I no longer have the urge to leave the door shut.

First, my good friend, Judy, made this fabulous rug out of sheets. It's so soft and cozy under bare feet. Judy is truly a pro knitter and she's always making the most creative things. I'll treasure this rug forever. The colors are wonderful. One day I took the rug upstairs and realized that the colors are perfect in the loft. Now, when I wash my hands, I almost always take off my shoes just to fully appreciate the rug.

Here's a closer look at the rug. It's nice and thick AND it's washable!


Next, I found two black wrought iron racks with hooks at a consignment shop. I had hoped to use one of them in the downstairs bath, but alas, it was too long. It was the perfect size for the loft loo. A few coats of paint later and I finally have a place to hang towels. The geranium picture is not staying there. It's just there for me to think about using it somewhere in the room. I haven't made up my mind yet. Eventually, I'll place a shelf over the hooks. It's hard to tell from this photo, but the area there will hold a 4 inch deep shelf. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get new towels - not white. The white just doesn't look right.

Then, this past weekend, I found this Pottery Barn shower curtain at a thrift store. I love the colors. They are perfect for the loft. The colors pick up colors in the papasan slipcovers I made last weekend without being too match-y.

Speaking of colors, I've become obsessed with the color red. I feel a strong urge to have some red in every single room. I've been looking at decorating photos for ages trying to figure out how I want to decorate our home. I've noticed that rooms with no red (or colors near red on the color wheel) seem to look a little lifeless. They may be very pretty, but they are a bit dull. I love that the loft now has touches of red here and there. Red brings out creativity and energy and passion. I could use more of all those!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails