January 16, 2011

Inspired By

I came across lots of inspiration this week and several of them are from last week's RE- Party!  I'm starting with this clever idea from Very Merry Vintage Style.  I have all my Christmas decor packed away nicely and now, thanks to this idea, I'm going to have to go unpack some ornaments!  She filled valentine boxes with ornaments and it looks wonderful!  A bit of low calorie bling!  What a sprightly idea.  I have decided to try to expand my vocabulary for awhile.  I tend to use the same adjectives over and over. I can't ever remember myself describing anything as sprightly... until now!



I came across this wonderful post from Show and Tell - a furniture glazing tutorial. She demonstrates the glazing process on a blanket chest and it really turned out great.  The paint she used for the base is oops paint she describes as blue/gray/green. Dang!  Another blogger with amazing luck.   All I ever see are really, really bad colors or beautiful colors in paints that I can't use on furniture.  Anyway, take a look at her blanket chest - 




I am really enjoying the painting inspiration from Mike and Melanie Gardner's blog - The Frosted Gardner. Just take a look at this wonderful hall tree.  Click here to see the before and after's and all the details.  




Next up - Terry at Forever Decorating really takes recovering a stool to the next level.  My recovered pieces tend to be pretty simple, but she uses trims and paint to make hers really special.  Here are some from her post:

Simply Bungalow redid a vignette in her shop with whites and creams and burlap. She performed a bit of magic by adding curly willow branches, and now has a wonderful look.  Where can I get curly willow branches? Those branches make a very pretty vignette even more dramatic!  Just try to imagine the space without them.  And by the way, I want that birdcage!

And now, for a major pillow fix...

Amy at Into Vintage makes fabulous pillows - mostly from vintage tablecloths.  I first saw her tablecloths on Teresa's blog, Meadowbrook Farms. Teresa posted about the pillows here.  Amy sells her pillows and more in her Etsy Shop - VintageHome.

I love this flag pillow, also made by Amy.  I can picture that on my porch in the summer.

While browsing through The Cottage Nest, I came across an old post from July that mentioned this pretty lovebirds pillow from Garnet Hill. Jen said the pillow sells for $78.  I'm into birds and love the pillow, but my thrifting moral code just wouldn't allow for an expense like that.  I will allow myself to admire it and picture it in my room!


Stop the presses!  Take a look at this delightful row of houses pillow made by Melissa at My Favorite Things.  She has sold some on her Etsy Shop - MelissaDanner, and I am begging her to list more of them.  I saw this pillow on this post from The Cottage Nest.  It would look wonderful on a bench on my porch this summer!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails