February 4, 2011

Inspired By...

I've been doing so many Inspired By posts that you'd think I'm not doing anything by surfing the web.  Truly, that's not the case.  It just seems that I'm seeing a ton of great things online in a very short period of time. 


One blog I like to take a look at periodically is Queen of Tarte.  She's just opened a new store in Oregon.  This post and several others leading up to it have a few photos.  Cindy has been working on getting it ready for the last couple of months.  She has such flair. Check out my Booth Inspiration Page for another great photo from a previous booth from Queen of Tarte.  It's one of my all time favorites.


Miss Mustard Seed did a wonderful post on how to find the best stuff on Craigslist.  I often peruse Craigslist so I thought I knew what I was doing, but I still found some good tips in the article.  I also found a number of additional tips in the comments.  Several folks recommended using CraigEasy to search easier by seeing the photos.  I definitely plan to try it out.


Also from Miss Mustard Seed - check out this desk and ottoman she just redid.  Don't you love the wonderful slouchy look of the ottoman?  I also like that she made the top of the desk wood.  Sometimes having an entire piece painted the same gets boring. There are a number of interesting tidbits in this article.  FOr instance, she didn't do any distressing to the desk.  She just dry brushed with antiquing glaze.  I was also excited to see that the paint color she used was Sherwin Williams Creamy.  I have that color!  Woo Hoo! We think alike!  (I wish)

My Re-Purposed Life has a great post - Blog Tips for New Bloggers.  I'm not a new blogger.  I have over 300 posts.  Even so, I came across a few tips that I will likely use.  Plus, I have a few friends who have just begun blogging and I know they would find this article useful.  She's really big on Windows Live Writer.  I have seen a number of bloggers recommend it.  I looked into it a while back and for some reason, didn't go with it.  I don't remember why.  I might re-investigate when I get a chance.

I came across a new blog with all sorts of tips and advice and inspiration for my life as a booth renter - Selling in an Antique Mall.   One thing I found out is that home magazines are a tax deduction.  That's a source for keeping up with style and color trends.

That's all for now. I usually post in the mornings when I'm fresh and energetic.  I'm getting a little sleepy!  Early to bed, early to rise...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails