I finally finished the white hutch and got it into our white booth, which I'm trying to remember to call by it's new name - The B Hive. The hutch turned out really nice.
It previously had a maple finish. I'm sure it was nice in its day, but it sure looked dated and unloved when I got it.
The white is not a stark white. It's sort of ivory. Once I sanded in key spots, the hutch looked more cream colored. That distressing sure does make a difference. At that point it looked so good that I decided not to stain over it with wax or gel.
The hutch was moved into the booth a week or two ago, at least most of it was. We were doing the initial booth arrangement and a hutch is no easy thing to move around. And this hutch is really heavy! I'm sure I developed a hernia or slipped disk or pulled muscle or something from the strain of lifting!
The doors were not ready - they took twice as long - two sides - and I wasn't rushing them. It was no big deal having the doors off. We merchandised the open spaces.
Finally, yesterday I got it all in place. The hutch actually has four doors, but everyone felt that the hutch looked great with the top two doors off, so those are tucked in a drawer for whoever buys it to use or not.
I'm pretty pleased with this makeover. My only disappointment is that I cannot find my before photos! Shoot! I know I took them. but that was before the old computer crashed and everything was moved to the new laptop. Oh well. You'll just have to take my word for it - it looks sooooo much better.