December 5, 2009

Hurray! Organized Thread

Well organized areas make me happy.

Today, while making my draft stopper, I tried to find a dark red thread in my thread bin.


What a tangled mess! I had a good collection of thread myself and then when my grandmother died, I inherited her thread collection. No one else wanted them. Imagine that. Most of her threads were on the old wooden spools and I just couldn't resist them. She was a wonderful seamstress in her day. I had her thread and mine all mixed together in a big bin. Each time I went there for thread, the tangles grew worse. I had planned to watch for a wall unit for organizing threads, but today decided I could wait no longer.

After about 45 minutes, I have a nice system for my threads and I can easily find any color I need. I should have done this long ago!

I have no idea why this picture has rotated. You'll have to tilt your head in order to see it correctly! I sorted the thread by colors and put them in the drawers of the hutch in my sewing area. The picture is an overhead view of the drawers.

I'll label the drawers as soon as I make up my mind how I want to label them. I don't want a permanent label. Maybe I'll tie a label around the knobs. ???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails