December 2, 2009

Truckers Paradise - Toy Trucks, That Is!

My dear hubby collects vintage toy trucks. I have no problem with that. When I was 4 or 5, my grandfather gave me a Tonka and I still have it. At the time, I wondered why I was getting a truck instead of a girlie toy. Still I played with it and loved it. It's worth a pretty penny now. Rudy was into trucks when he was young and has lots of good memories associated with Tonkas. His childhood trucks are long gone, but he's brought back replacements thanks to Ebay.

I've tried to decorate our house not just to suit myself, but also to please hubby. Incorporating the trucks makes us both happy.

This week I put quite a few up on our kitchen cabinets. Rudy seemed shocked that I wanted them there. He knows I can be a bit particular about decorating. I guess he didn't know that I really love his trucks.

One of my favorites is the beat up green one in the picture above. That was also a shocker to Rudy. He thought I'd prefer the ones in really good condition. Not me! Beat up, plus the vintage green that melts my heart... mmmm... I adore that truck!

I chose this one mainly for the color. I'm into red these days and not just for the holiday color.

These cabinets offered lots more room for playing around. One of these days, I'll get back to this area. I know if I think hard enough, I can come up with something else to make it even more special.

Meanwhile, its one more step towards the kitchen reflecting us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails