February 18, 2010

Cock A Doodle DON'T!

I've admired lots of pretty kitchens with colorful roosters here and there. I'm not a rooster decor kind of gal, but in other people's kitchens, they can be lovely and the colors are often really nice. The kitchens where I've admired them are usually fairly classy. I tend to go for a more informal, old-timey look.

Apparently someone with quite a collection had become bored and sent them on their way to one of my favorite thrift stores. I went temporarily insane and bought three.

I tried them all over. I put them on my refrigerator. Awful. No picture. I put one on my counter. Again, no picture. It looked pretty good, but I like things on my counter to be functional.

I put them on a cabinet in the kitchen. Tacky.


I put them on the Hoosier in my pantry. Ugh.

By now, I'm feeling that irritating "I am surrounded by too many knick-knacks" feeling. I don't want these stupid roosters in my kitchen.

I can't take them back. I could re-thrift them. I may end up doing exactly that. But, I'd like to get a little joy out of them before I give up entirely.

Where did I end up putting them? On my porch. They are pretty amusing there. Once it gets warm, the roosters can be placed here and there around my plants and flowers. It might be fun.

Happy at last!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails