February 6, 2010

Toile Curtains

My curtain project began before Christmas. I quickly realized that I had way too much going on and knew that it was highly unlikely that I could finish them before going back to work. So what did I do? I did a quick mistreatment (favorite decorating trick from The Nester). In fact, the job I did is less than mistreated. Cut sections of fabric are just clipped in place - a little crooked in places.

One of the panels is lined and sewn properly. Once they were all hung, no one seemed to notice which were complete and which weren't unless they made a point of examining them. I can be happy with that until I have a chance to get back to it.

The curtains still need a little something extra. I may add to them down the road - an extra bit of fabric at the top... maybe fringe... who knows. I have plenty of time to think about it.

Don't judge this room yet. It's a work in progress. The BONES of the room are coming along. I still need a couple of great tables, two more comfortable chairs (that can be slipcovered) and either a coffee table or large ottoman. Then I'll be ready for the fun. I know the fun will involve red and who knows what other colors. I'm watching for a great kicking off fabric. The fun things are easy to change when the mood strikes. It's easy to be brave and/or crazy with the fun things because it really doesn't cost much to change the extra touches - especially when your favorite shopping places are second hand stores.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails