December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

I did not like this year.   It was hard.  It was painful.  Still, many of the days were precious, so I stop short of wishing the year would disappear from my memory.

Nothing is all bad.  Every single day, even the worst of days, there were things to be thankful for, things to bring joy.  I looked hard for these things every day.  That felt important.  It still does.

I had two roads to choose. Every person faced with adversity has that choice. I was chose to survive and make every day count. I chose to have faith that I am here for a reason.  I chose to believe that alongside the sadness, there are incredible possibilities.

Many people will pause today to think over their past year and ponder their highs and lows and accomplishments.  I find little satisfaction in that.  I don't even know what emotions I'll be hit with tonight when the new year is rung in.  Apparently, I'm struggling with some of those even now. I hope by this evening I will be busy with something light and fun rather than thinking so much.  I'm really tired of struggling with emotions.  I'd like to request a break.  I've earned it.

The person I was at the beginning of this year is gone.  I'm somebody different and I seem to keep changing. I often feel I don't know myself anymore, but I really like my new self.  I am one smart cookie (and ever so humble)!

Goodbye, 2015. You stole from me and turned my life upside down and inside out.

Hello 2016.  
You'll take me someplace I've never been before.  I'm ready.

Love this quote, but the teacher in me noticed something amiss.
There's a typo in the web address.  I feel for them.
I imagine whoever created it had a really trying year,
so typos are to be understood.  I hope they get their wish.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails