December 1, 2015

Holiday Decor, Courtesy of God

It's December.  So many people have already pulled out their holiday decorations.  I have looked at my decorations a time or two.  I've pulled things out of storage and put them back away.  They make me sad.  Pity Party, table for one please.  NO, no, no!  That's not how I want to spend the month.  That's not how I want to spend my life.  Find me a happy table, please - a big one with plenty of room for the people I love!

Today, miraculously, I think I found my holiday survival trick.  It doesn't require unpacking any holiday decor at all.   It involves stepping outside and paying closer attention to what's around me.


I try to walk at least once every day.  I tend to get lost in thought and I'm sure I walk past amazing displays, like the leaves in the photo above.  Those leaves were on the ground, just waiting for someone to notice the amazing colors, the shiney spots where the lights hit, and the crunchy sound as you walk through them.  This month, I'm going to try to be more in tune with my surroundings and take time to appreciate the beauty around me.  I'll leave the decorating to God.

I'm so thankful this idea came to me.  It has given me an unexpected and happy way to celebrate the season.  I feel sure the idea wasn't mine.  The inspiration came from above.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails