May 23, 2010

Simple White

 The first of all single colors is white ... We shall set down white for the representative of light, without which no color can be seen; yellow for the earth; green for water; blue for air; red for fire; and black for total darkness. ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

I find myself being drawn to white ceramic. It started with this white pitcher.

I have been enjoying this lovely pitcher so much.  Greenery looks so fresh and serene in it.  No blooms are necessary.  The spareness of color only adds to the simplicity.

Next, I bought a retirement gift for a friend. I found a simple white pot and fell in love with it.

Since it was purchased a bit before the party, I "stored" it on my windowsill.  I came to love it. I found myself wishing I had bought two - one for Martie and another for me.   In this photo, it's next to my purse on the day of the party - so I wouldn't accidentally forget it.  It even looks pretty with my purse, don't you think?

Then, this weekend, I found this rippled white vase. I have the pitcher at one end of my kitchen window sill and this vase at the opposite end.  I'm currently using the vase to start rooting some hydrangeas.. 


I have a feeling there will be more white items finding there way into my home in the future!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails