May 16, 2010

Weekend Odds n Ends

On Saturday I went to a local art show.  Katie is the daughter of one of my best friends.  I have known Katie since she was an hour old.  She had her art work in the show so as far as I am concerned it was the best art show ever.   She's wearing the cowboy hat because she and her husband are about to move to Texas.  She seems both excited and nervous about it.  By the way, Katie smiles a lot.  I snapped this picture when she was having a thoughtful moment and unaware of me.

Katie can draw or paint anything.  Lately, she has been doing a lot of portraits.  People give her photos and she does a drawing or painting or whatever they want.  The finished pieces are amazing!  I especially love her pet portraits.

Here are a couple of pieces she had in the show:

I also did a little tidying up in the yard.  I moved some bulbs that were played out.  The leaves were laying over and looking really sad.  It's not good to cut them off til they are really brown. Then, I remembered an old trick.  Just fold them over and tie them up with one of the broken leaves.  I was in a hurry so I didn't do a great job - if you take a little more time, you can make them look really cute.
 

My Black-eyed Susans are really growing. There's one little flower peeking out.  I sure am looking forward to more.


And finally, I finished a book holder project.  My niece Carly had a couple of wooden pieces that she used in college.  I have no idea what they are or how they were used, but when her mom put them in a yard sale, I grabbed them up.  I've had them for ages and finally got around to painting them last week.


I set up one on top of a tall cabinet to hold my cookbooks.  I am tempted to redo the covers of my cookbooks in ball cream and white.  For some reason, the colors that seemed like such fun several years ago are annoying me.  I like color, so what is going on? 


  I have no idea how I will use the other book holder, but I know I'll figure it out soon. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails