May 16, 2010

Tweakin' My Blog

Hey, hey, hey!  I'm so proud!  I have learned a few new blog tricks.

First, I made a blog button.  Now I don't know who would want to use this right now, but one day someone will and it will be there!  For now, I'll just pretend that there are loads of people out there who have been just dying to put my button on their blog.

Now, of course, I did not figure out how to make a blog button on my own.  I had help in the form of tutorials from Megan at Shabby Blogs and Grace from Sense and Simplicity.   Don't you just love that blog name - Sense and Simplicity?  Obviously, Grace is a creative person with a love of Jane Austen.

Then, since that turned out to be so much fun, I moved on to some tutorials from Donna at Funky Junk Interiors.  Thanks to Donna, I was able to center my blog buttons, combine several buttons in one gadget, and add a signature to my posts (as you'll see below).  She has a bunch of tutorials on improving your blog, which you can see here.

Donna is amazing. Her blog has become one of my very favorites.  Today, when I saw her post about her wooden crate staircase, I nearly hyperventilated.  I swear, she is me, only with way more energy, more talent, more drive, younger... OK she's not me, but I love everything she does and we could be best friends.  Check out these stairs and then, go read her post on them -

 And finally, the big reveal - my signature!  Simple, easy to read, with just a little bit of snazziness. Ta-dah! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails