July 7, 2010

Homemade Pizza

I wanted to use some of the Sun Dried Tomatoes I had made with my dehydrator.  I decided to make a homemade pizza.  I've made them before, but I really think this was the best one ever!

First I made the crust in my breadmaker.  No breadmaker?  You could make it by hand.  Limited time or energy? Use a pre-made pizza crust.  Homemade is best, but there are some pre-made ones out there that are pretty darned good.

Pizza Dough Ingredients
1-1/8 cups warm water
1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 tsp salt
3-1/3 cups all purpose flour  (sometimes I use all or some whole wheat)
1-1/2 tsp sugar
1-1/2 tsp yeast

Directions: Put all the ingredients in the pan.  Set to the pizza dough setting and press start.  It makes my breadmaker 55 minutes to make this dough.

Why did this picture rotate?  
Update:  I have a Canon camera.  It has a setting for auto rotate.  The photo shows up one way in my photo editor, but the rotation shows up when it goes to blogger.  I read that turning auto rotate off will eliminate this problem.  We'll see.  Meanwhile, you'll need to tilt your head to the right for a couple of photos on this post.  :-D

Now the fun begins.  Roll out the dough and design away.

 This one rotated, too.  What is going on?
 I divided our pizza in half and topped one side for me and the other side for my husband.   I put a base of ranch dressing on mine.  Mr. First a Dream prefers pizza sauce.  Then I added chicken, red & orange bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes (of course), basil, pineapple (really good!), and dried basil on both pizzas.  I also put fresh spinach leaves on my side.

Landscape again.  No rhyme or reason.  How freaky.
 Then I added cheese.  I used Monterey Jack because that's what I happened to have on hand.

I baked it for around 20 minutes at 425 degrees.  It was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a side note, I have thinking about hosting a link party.  I browse parties all the time.  I have been linking many of my posts to various parties in the last few months.  Any opinions?  Does it become a burden after awhile?  Does it change the way you feel about your blog?  I'd love some advice on this from anyone who hosts, has tried hosting or thought about trying it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have linked this post to the following parties:
Make It Yours Day #24 at My Backyard Eden
Penny Pinching Party #41 at The Thrifty Home
Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails