July 3, 2010

Raised Bed, No Till Gardens

I have been lustful.   I believe we need a raised bed, no-till, permanent-path, crop-rotating, uber-productive, low-maintenance organic garden.  And I don't see why we can't have it.  In fact, I'll go so far as to say that we'll have one, even if it's only 1 raised bed to start with.

Jami from An Oregon Cottage is my muse.  She loves her no till garden.

It will be pretty, but functional.


I want a little bling that serves a purpose - like a pretty trellis.
Or a vintage gate, or a chair planter or.... (I could go on and on)

I want the paths to be permanent.  
Probably not wood like this one, but it is an idea that might be handy within limits.


The shapes don't all have to be rectangles.
A few triangles would be nice - everything would be so easy to reach.
Plus, that opens the door to lots of design possibilities.


The beds could be made of wood... but they don't have to be.

I'd need to start with a plan.
It wouldn't have to be as formal as this one,
but I don't want a crazy no-plan look either.

This one is nice!
My wagon would be happy moving up and down the center path.

It might have a small ornamental tree in the middle in honor of the Garden of Eden, like this one:
from Goodthoughts (who has a fun blog, by the way)

And of course, there must be some flowers thrown in.
from Sunset


I have linked to the following parties:
Inspired By at The Inspired Room

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails