June 28, 2010

Family Reunion Time!

Yesterday we went to my husband's family reunion.  He has a bunch of aunts and uncles, and half a million cousins, who have kids of their own.  I must say, they are are really fun family!  It was loads of fun, but I'm still worn out.

There was lots of good food which I didn't take pictures of because I was too busy stuffing my face.

 2010 Reunion

By the way, the handsome guy in the top right corner of the collage is my wonderful hubby. 

We gathered at Aunt Jane's house, which is about an hour and a half away.  Her house is wonderful - very old and full of character.  We had such a large crowd that we ended up staying outside all day.  Even though it was scorching hot, we stayed in the shade of her huge trees and there was a steady breeze - it was surprisingly nice.  I only noticed the heat if I ventured out into the sun.

Jane's House - photo taken several years ago

One bit of excitement - through a crazy comedy of errors, a huge hornets nest was stirred up and the crowd under that tree cleared REALLY fast!  Amazing, only 1 person was stung - Uncle Jim - right behind the ear.

The Wasp Incident

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails