Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rocking Chair Slipcover



Yesterday I posted about the rocking chair I re-wove from fabric - my Rocker Redo.  The colors are a little much for the look I'm after.

Well, now I'm gonna show you my rocker RE-re_do.









Today, this rocker has another look thanks to a slipcover I made at least 5 years ago.


The slipcover fabric came from curtains I had made for my bay window 15 or 20 years ago.  I still love the fabric - it's timeless.  At some point I realized the curtain pieces could be converted to a cover for the rocker with very little modification - mostly adding Velcro.  All the pieces are secured with hidden Velcro strips. 

With all our pets, I swear by slipcovers.  If company is coming fast, I can take the slipcovers completely off.  If I have more notice, I usually wash the slipcovers.  I wash them all pretty often anyway.  I do not  like sitting on fur.


Here's the rocker all dressed up.  I think I prefer the look with the slipcover on.  It helps to tone down the too-bright chest. But, if I get into an "I Need Color" mood, all I have to do is undress my rocker! 

I love, love, love the little pillow.  I found it at a thrift store this past week.  It was love at first sight.  I didn't even have to debate with myself over whether to get it or not.



I think maybe tonight I should check into learning to make mint juleps and sit a spell out on the veranda.  Y'all come on by!


I have linked this post to the following parties:
Anti-Procrastination Tuesday (flexible theme) at New Nostalgia
Anything Related at All Thingz Related
Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Reinvented

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for Anything Related! Hope to see you tomorrow! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute rocker. I love the pillow you found too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorating ideas! I am about to move in an old mobile home and you are inspiring me. I'll have to update the dark, panelled rooms, and use my screened porch to full advantage, using furnishing I already have and lots of imagination and paint! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails