June 1, 2010

Getting the Green Off My Chest

That title sounds like I'm having environmental problems.  Actually, this just involves a color issue.

I have a small 3 drawer chest that was a shade of green that just wasn't working for me.  It wasn't awful.  Those are the most fun to refurbish.  Still, it was something that annoyed me and I'm glad to have it painted instead of on my To-Do list.


The chest is nothing special.  It's not old or solid or heavy like I like.  One day, I'll come across something better and this will go.  Meanwhile, it's very functional and reasonably attractive.


Here's the after.  It's being used as a bedside table in the guest room.  Excuse the rug - hopefully, it will soon be replaced.  One other change - I replaced the ceramic knobs with larger wooden ones.



I lined the drawers with a ticking-look fabric - I decoupaged it in place with Mod Podge.  I've done this before with other fabrics and it worked just fine.  This time, even after 2 days, the fabric still has a darker wet look.  The photo above was taken while the Mod Podge was still wet and it has the whitish look.  I forget to take a picture of the ticking after it dried.  The fabric was thin - not like real ticking.  That may be the problem.  I've always used thicker fabrics before.   One day, I may redo this.  A darker fabric would look better anyway.

The cost on this redo was small - I had everything except the wooden knobs, which were just a few dollars.

I've linked up to Toot Your Horn Tuesday at A Silly Little Sparrow - I'm #133.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails