Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Southern Living House - Porch and Courtyard

This is the fifth post in a series about my tour of the Abercorn Place 2010 Southern Living Idea House in my hometown, Senoia, Georgia.


Here are ALL the Posts in this series -
House and Town details plus the Kitchen
The Top Floor - entertainment room and craft room
The Master Suite
The Main Floor - mostly the living room & dining room
Laundry and Children's Bedrooms
Family Room and More



I took tons of photos and have more to share.  Today I am posting about some of the outside features. This will mostly include courtyard and side porch.   Click here to see the professional photos.

Even though this is a brownstone/townhouse, the builders made sure you felt invited to enjoy the outdoors.  There are porches everywhere and a fabulous courtyard.

Front view - the Idea House is the one on the right


On a funny note, this is the restroom area.  No port-o-potties for Southern Living!  Isn't it cute?  I wonder what will happen to this after the tours are over?

Pond in the back
There's a fountain aerator on the left side of the pond.  
I imagine the pond will have better color in time.


The Courtyard

Another view of the courtyard (from the side porch)

Potting Table - note the vintage sink - I love it!!!

Automatic door closer :-)

Landscaping used old Southern favorites as well as fun new plants.

Side porch - eating area

Side porch details - plus a closer view of the doghouse in the courtyard
I have several more posts about the Idea House.  If you are enjoying them, you really should become a follower to my blog so you won't miss any of them!  Plus, I plan to go back again when it's decorated for Christmas.  One of the guides told us a little about what's planned and it sounds wonderful. 

Want more while you wait?  Check these links -
Southern Living 2010 Official Developer Site
2010 Georgia Idea House - Southern Living's site
The Historic Senoia Project
Senoia View of Good Life - AJC article on the Idea House


I have linked this post to the following parties:

Tuesday Garden Party at An Oregon Cottage
   ***She has a wonderful little garden.  It's mostly raised beds.  She never tills.  Be sure to check out her August 3rd post on weeds!

Outdoor Wednesday #82 at A Southern Daydreamer


4 comments:

  1. I love the bathroom(!), and the curved retaining wall in the courtyard, as well as the glorious fern on top of the beautiful column. Some really cool ideas in this garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO interesting! When I have a bit more time I am going to check out the links you've got… I wish my backyard living area was this relaxing looking (I would have to have a fire pit though… marshmallows in the evenings - YUM!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome~thanks so much for the chance to see all of this. I will go and check out the kitchen. I always like to see new and innovative kitchen ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dream, dream, dream. I have a little vintage sink that didn't get used in the bathroom- I'm going to try and use it like the potting table you've shown! I'll share when (if?) it happens. :-)

    Thanks for the kind words and for sharing at the Garden Party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails