Friday, August 6, 2010

Southern Living Idea House - Family Room and More

This is the sixth and final post in a series about my tour of the Abercorn Place 2010 Southern Living Idea House in my hometown, Senoia, Georgia.

I sure did find lots of good ideas and inspiration from this house tour.

Here are ALL the Posts in this series -
House and Town details plus the Kitchen
The Top Floor - entertainment room and craft room
The Master Suite
The Main Floor - mostly the living room & dining room
Laundry and Children's Bedrooms
Family Room and More



Today I am posting about the basement, which is made up of the Family Room, garage, and lower terrace.  Don't be put off.  Let's just say this isn't a typical basement.  Take a look.  

On the way down to the basement, I noticed the stairs had a painted faux runner.  Even though the design appears pretty simple, I know a lot of work went into it.  I wasn't bowled over by it, but then, I have learned a lot about painted floors - all the floors in my house are painted!  Most everyone else loved it and assumed I would, too, since I love painted floors.

Faux stairs lead down to the basement.

 I think something similar to this stair treatment from Donna at Funky Junk Interiors would have looked much better.



Clever Storage Under the Stairs

Equestrian look Coat Hooks



Pet station - dog bed, treats, toys


Brick Floor in the Family Room - loved it.  Love the coffee table, too.

Fabulous Sliding Doors - We have been looking for hardware like this!
Very Cool - Bulletin Board Calendar
Lower Terrace
Recycling Bins
 
A few more details

So that's it.   I hope to go back 2 or 3 months after they've decorated for Christmas. 

Want more?  Check these links -
Southern Living 2010 Official Developer Site
2010 Georgia Idea House - Southern Living's site
The Historic Senoia Project
Senoia View of Good Life - AJC article on the Idea House
Idea House floor plan

I have joined the following parties:
Friday Finding Beauty at Dippity Road
Inspired By at The Inspired Room
Show and Share Day at Just A Girl
Remodelaholic's Anonymous Meeting at Remodelaholic
I'm Lovin' It at Tidy Mom
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh how I love those stairs and drawers IN the stairs.

    The cool sliding door is wonderful too. Thanks so much for taking us with you.

    Thanks so much for joining with us at Friday Finding Beauty.

    You are such a wonderful addition.

    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful house. Love that calendar bulletin board. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2010/08/friday-finding-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that bulletin board calendar! I'm going to have to try that!
    You are invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday party! We're looking back at old posts and giving away daily prizes. Come on over for some fun!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love everything!
    It really looks nice!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails