Certain recipes seem perfect for fall. Pumpkin bread is one of my favorites. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe make the house smell wonderful. The bread is easy to make and delicious! Here's the recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 3 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
3 1/3 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
for the first 3 dry ingredients.
It turns out great.
- 2 cups sugar (The original recipe called for 3 cups, which I found to be too sweet. In fact, I use less than 2.)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
3. Add wet ingredients and mix.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 small can pumpkin
4. Optional - Stir in nuts and raisins.
- 1 cup nuts - walnuts or pecans are good choices
- 1½ cup raisins
5. Pour into greased and floured pans.
6. Bake. The dough will fit into two loaf pans, but the middle will be too gooey. I find spreading it out into three pans is perfect.
- three 9x5 loaf pans – 50 minutes
- 24 muffins – 30 minutes
|Here are two of my loaves. The third was bagged up, to be put in the freezer.|
Since I made three loaves,
I had one to eat,
one to freeze (it freezes beautifully),
and one to give away!
I've joined in with the following parties:
- Homemaker Monday at 11th Heaven
- Something I Whipped Up Monday at The Girl Creative
- Three or More Tuesdays at The Gypsy's Corner
- Tuesday Delicious Dishes at It's a Blog Party
- Lucky Linky Tuesday at Lucky Star Lane
- Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Designs
- Penny Pinching Party at The Thrifty Home
- Creative Share Wednesday at Trendy Treehouse