Finally, I finished (well, almost) a project that I have had in the works for ages. The Screened Door Project. AND I must say - it's fabulous!
I have a screen door that belonged to my grandmother. I intended to turn it into a giant bulletin board. That didn't work out - I never could find cork large enough to work. I gave that idea up and decided a chalkboard would be nice.
My work had been finished for a week or so. I'd painted both the door and the chalboard backing.
|The chalkboard was made from Eucaboard - the front has a smooth surface.|
|I rolled on Rustoleum chalkboard paint - two coats.|
Today, my DH cut out the hole for the electrical outlet and hung the door on the wall. It's up in my loft. It's the first thing you see as you come up the stairs.
Then I erased. In the photo above, the top is conditioned, the bottom is not.
I still need to do some paint touch-ups, but it's pretty much good to go.
Yep - I love it!
Be sure to check out my Porch and Garden Party. It's not too late to join in!
I've joined in with the following parties:
- Chalkboard Party at The Stories of A to Z (Thursday)
- Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
- Making Monday Marvelous at C.R.A.F.T.
- DIY Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
- Show off Your Cottage Monday at The House in Roses
- Monday Show Me How at It's a Blog Party
- Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou
- Anything Related at All Thingz Related
- All Things Domestic at Crazy Domestic
- Tuesdays Talent Show at My House of Giggles ~ first Tuesday of the month
- Lucky Linky Tuesday at Lucky Star Lane
- Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Reinvented
- Take a Look Tuesday - Sugar Bee - Craft Edition
- Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog