October 11, 2010

Vintage Blue Formica Table

It's no secret that I have been longing for a vintage red formica table.  Well, this weekend, I found a vintage blue one. At a yard sale.  I could NOT say no.

The table was not the turquoise or sky blue color that you see on most vintage formica tables.  This is a very pretty bright blue - maybe like cornflower blue (one of my favorites from the big Crayola crayon boxes of my childhood).


I looked around the internet trying to find out what this color was called and found very little.  I guess this color is rare!  If anyone knows anything about this color or table, I'd love to hear from you!  I believe the pattern is linen.


I thought about putting it in the booth to sell... for about two seconds.  I think I'll keep it - at least for a little while.   The booth is pretty full anyway.

I had to put it together.  It was taken apart in order to fit in my car. 
The legs come on and off easily and there's a 12 inch leaf.  
The table is a  roomy 54" x 30" (with the leaf).


The sweet little table not in perfect shape.  It has plenty of signs of use.  For the most part, I don't mind - that's just added character


The edges annoy me.  This one has a tan laminate around the edge. It's not in good shape and it's very unattractive.  I think they will be replaced.  Add one more thing to the TO-DO list.

I'm not sure where it should go.  I want a red formica table upstairs in the loft.  I don't think the cornflower blue color would look very good with my loft floors, which are a shade of turquoise. Maybe I could use it in the laundry room as a folding table... but I'm still thinking of using the vintage ironing board there.  Or maybe someplace unexpected - like the guest room - that idea is growing on me.  Oh, I just don't know.  For now, it's on my porch.  It my Pumpkin blingin' table.


Be sure to check out the OCTOBER Porch and Garden Party
It's the last one for 2010 and will be open all month!

I've joined in with the following parties:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails