November 18, 2009

Wonderful Yo-Yo Pincushion

I'm so easily distracted! I've been dreaming up ways to add a little pizazz to my walker tote bags (which I've decided to continue making). I need more wool pieces before I have enough to do a wool bag with felting.

I came across something I had made with fabric yo-yo's and immediately knew that would coordinate well with some of my fabrics. Plus, it would be fun. I went to the computer and began looking through the world of fabric yo-yo's for inspiration. One thing I came across was this wonderful pincushion on the Simply Handmade blog. Ohhhhhh. How fun would this be!?!

Another good find - Lallee's Cottage has a good video showing how to use the Clover Yo-Yo maker, which is apparently a big hit in yo-yo land. She got my attention because she has an ironing board cover just like mine.
We both got them from Hestia Houseworks. I can't tell you how much fun is it to iron on a brightly coloring ironing board... especially after years of using an old basic silver cover.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails